We offer convenient online appointments for clients. This means you can stay at home and still benefit from counselling.
Online session requirements
The following requirements will help to make your online sessions most effective:
- A Private distraction free space: For each counselling session there needs be a private space free of distractions and other people’s presence during the session times (and preferably 10 minutes or so before and after the sessions.)
- Adequate internet connection and computer: Make sure you have a stable or high speed internet connection and that you are hard wired in, wifi can be unstable. This is so we can avoid interruption as much as possible during session. You can test this out by making online call of at least 10 mins to see the quality from any online program. Due to the unpredictable nature of internet connections and technology occasional interruption may happen.
- Have a phone handy: If we have technical difficulties we can quickly move to a phone call so that we can continue the appointment.
- A webcam: Some laptops come with a webcam however if you need to buy one for your computer an internal or external webcam is fine.
- A proper headset with Mic: Please use a head set with microphone so that you have your hands free. This also allows you to be heard clearly and so that you can hear me clearly (speaker phone might create an echo and they are often hard to hear ).
Before each session
Before each online session please restart your computer and test your headphones, mic and cam to ensure it is working properly. This also makes sure your system is running at it's best condition, which can help prevent issues such as lag time. Technical issues can eat up your appointment time very quickly. Being prepared will help you get the most out of your appointment.
Online counselling links
We use Zoom as a platform. This is very easy to use, you just click the link and it will open up the virtual counselling room. The link will always be the same for your counsellor,